Friday, June 28, 2013

edward's whistle

Here's the deal.  Edward Snowden blew the whistle on the NSA's spying on Americans, which maybe none of us are all that surprised about, but it was a no-no of some sort anyway.

But when I hear a war criminal like Dick Cheney calling Snowden a traitor and others of Cheney's ilk saying that Snowden should be executed, I start to think, Hey, maybe this Snowden dude isn't such a bad guy!  I of course have had a deep distrust of the U.S. government ever since the Vietnam War.... Remember the Pentagon papers?

The questionable thing about Snowden, though, is that he is being protected by China and Russia, two countries which, considering their records past and present, I certainly would hope aren't vocalizing that they don't believe in spying on their citizens!
*****
P.S.  I wonder if the NSA is reading this post.

No comments: