Wednesday, January 2, 2013

pausing at 856

We (Jerry, James, and I) are taking a quick trip to New Jersey, leaving tomorrow and back in a few days.  If you're from New Jersey and now displaced, you know the need to re-group and touch base with the ocean and Jersey attitude every once in a while.

And it seems like a good time to pause, blog-wise.  Hey I've blogged every day since August 11, 2010, that's 856 days in a row.  I bet that's even more than Ruthie would have expected.  I'm bored.  So are you.

The  blog will resume sometime next week -- or sooner, if there is something I can't wait to say.  It might be a little different.  Or it might be exactly the same.

12 comments:

Jon said...

Say it isn't so!

vickie said...

856 days....856 is also the area code for south jerseywhich you knew, I'm sure). Guess that's reason enough to take a few days off from the blog, although I wasn't bored with it.

ruthie said...

Jon I believe your time has come to be our blogger! Or just do posts for the week til your dad comes to his senses!

ruthie said...

Jon I believe your time has come to be our blogger! Or just do posts for the week til your dad comes to his senses!

ruthie said...

Apparently my phone agreed since it posted twice

vickie said...

It's after midnight so you missed the day (as planned). Did you have blog withdrawl??

Howard said...

Sitting here in the 856 area code, I had a moment of blog withdrawal, but then I had a second gin-and-tonic and it passed... :-)

vickie said...

great! Hey, I'm coming to visit again. Feb. 12- 17, to watch the kids while ruthie visits. I found a 1/2 price ticket.

vickie said...

oops, I meant while she moves. At least posting comments on here gives us something to read while you take a break.

Howard said...

This is the most comments I've had in a long time.

ruthie said...

Ok I'm going through withdrawal.

Sassy Blondie said...

I need a trip back East as well! I lived in New Jersey and really enjoyed my time there. Have a wonderful time!