Tuesday, October 4, 2011

bloggin' at the guthrie

The Guthrie Theater, world-reknown in the contemporary theater world, is on the other side of downtown Minneapolis from us, and we attend most of the plays being done there during the year.  We know we're lucky to have it as well as all the other choices of rich theater options in this metro area.

The Guthrie is also one of my "likes" on Facebook, and the other day they posted a status update on Facebook looking for bloggers to potentially see one of the current offerings, The Burial at Thebes by Nobel Prize winner Seamus Heaney, a re-working of the old Greek play Antigone by Sophocles.

I guess that I'm a blogger of sorts, so I responded to the post, and Jerry and I are invited guests at tonight's performance...

...which means that I probably should blog my thoughts about the play in the next day or two after we see it.  Since it's a play that I had zero familiarity with, I Googled my way into learning enough about it to be semi-coherent in my reactions, so I'll try to steer away from sentences like "It was Greek to me!" or "Jerry, wake up!"

a link to the Guthrie:  http://guthrietheater.com/

No comments: