Saturday, February 4, 2012

bug shows

I had dinner with my son Jon last night (at Hell's Kitchen, in downtown Minneapolis), then he came over to my place.

And it's not like Jon and me to sit there and watch TV, but the TV was on and we somehow gravitated to the high-number HD cable channels, those channels that I don't really even know exist.  And it was eye-opening.

There are some weird networks out there, dude.  We found ourselves flipping back and forth between the Animal Planet and the Science Network -- shows with names like "Monster Bug Wars", "Killer Ants", "Animal Hoarders" and "Infested."  It was strange, seeing thousands of killer bugs in High-Definition ripping apart other animals or infesting homes, yet we couldn't look away either.  There's a world out there that I don't know about, and maybe thats okay!

I say to Jon, "How can there even be people who watch this stuff?"  And he responds, "Hey, if there are people who watch the Kardashians, then there are people who will watch anything!"

1 comment:

Jon said...

I had a feeling you were going to blog about this! Hey, you have to admit the bug shows were more entertaining than the news show we watched first.