Tuesday, March 1, 2011

pacing the skyways

Some days are just kind of hyper, which works well if you happen to be surrounded in your office by too much work. Today was one of those days and turned out to be one of my most productive in a long time: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. without a break -- with the adrenaline flowing.

But then you need to get out for a while, which is one of the great things about working in downtown Minneapolis. If you need to stretch your legs or get some mental perspective, there are miles of skyways snaking through downtown with never a need to go outside.

Today I could have run through the skyways to use up some of this excess energy, but I walked (briskly) for a few blocks and remembered what the outside world looked like and came back.

But now it's 4:15, and I'm back at the desk, and I need to maintain some of this momentum to work well into the evening.

Tomorrow, I'll crash. If I worked at this pace every day, I'd already be dead by now.

No comments: