Friday, June 29, 2012

after jumping the couch

Cruise on Oprah's show
Other than his acting roles, Tom Cruise is mostly known for being a Scientologist and for jumping up and down on Oprah Winfrey's couch a few years ago to emphasize how much he loved Katie Holmes, whom he was just about to marry.  He is also known for being very anti-psychiatry and for being, well, a little weird.

In his case, a little counseling may have done him some good, or maybe Katie finally wised up, but they just announced today that they're getting divorced.  Oh, poor broken-hearted Tom.  After making a fool of himself on that couch, the marriage flopped, almost as badly as his latest movie (Rock of Ages) is flopping.  Although it won't be easy to make it happen, with any luck the next wife might even be shorter than he is.

8 comments:

ruthie said...

slow news day? lol

Jon said...

Not one of his most inspired posts, but still better than 6/18. :-)

ruthie said...

very true!

Howard said...

This is what happens when I forsake CNN.com for my news and switch over to Perez Hilton!

Howard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I opened my internet this morning and the Holmes/Cruise news was everywhere. So I laughed when I saw your blog, Howard.
Has it only been five years of marriage? With all the coverage of that couple, it's felt like an eternity.
Okay, back to the second story of the day - Obama admitting he ate dog once and comparing/contrasting if that is worse than Romney tying dog to top of car. It's pretty deep this morning. A stall-mucking kind of day!

Jon said...

Well, considering what CNN pulled on Thursday, I can see why you forsook them. (Forsook -- what a dumb sounding word!)

ruthie said...

funny enough, CNN was where I first heard this news since I was working and can't have other browsers or sites open when I do.