Wednesday, June 27, 2012

the sound of the piano

One of the best things about having my sister Mary visit is that she plays my piano a lot while she's here.  She is playing as I write this, and it sounds good after being under-utilized most of the time, especially now that James has moved on to his own place.

I bought my piano -- a Steinway baby grand -- new in 1998.  I happened to be in a music store a couple nights ago and noticed that a new version of the particular model of Steinway that I own now costs twice as much as what I paid in 1998, so I guess mine was a pretty good investment -- IF I would just play it more often!  Note to myself:  My piano shouldn't just take up space.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still remember everyone at the office would make fun of you when you would take the day off to "get your piano tuned" hahahaha... :-)

Miss you guys!!
A.P.