Saturday, October 20, 2012

after the night of drinking Weizen bier

I am generally not a big fan of weddings and the parties afterward, but this one, for Jana and Tanya, was a special one.  The ceremony itself was in German, of course -- without English subtitles, and the party was fun -- well planned with nice guests, many of whom tried to use their best English on us, generally with good results.  Whenever I am in this country, I think I'm going to go home and learn German so that I can communicate better next time I'm here...  Then it doesn't happen.

Another beautiful day here today.... Will make the most of it.

3 comments:

ruthie said...

Please learn it. I'd like to have someone to talk to in German since it's been years.

Howard said...

Ruthie -- Maybe we can start by you teaching me everything you can remember...

ruthie said...

I remember quite a bit surprisingly and have even taught Ryan a little. Almost minored in German in college but after the test they wanted me in advance German so I opted for Italian