Thursday, October 4, 2012

what not to put down a garbage disposal

The condo maintenance man and Jerry have the plumbing under the kitchen sink taken apart.  The garbage disposal was making wacky noises and was backing up into the sink, and now all seems well, I hope.  Something was stuck in there:  eggs shells, maybe, although that sounds odd to me.

One thing to never put down a garbage disposal:  potato peelings.  I found this out the hard way a few years ago when I had my apartment in downtown St. Paul.  My brother Ronnie and Vickie were visiting and Vickie was making mashed potatoes, and she put the peelings down the garbage disposal. It wasn't long before my next-door neighbor was pounding on the door.  Ground-up potato peelings were coming up into his bathtub.  As I recall, we needed a plumber to fix that problem.

You have to admit that this blog site is a wealth of useful information.

No comments: