Saturday, October 6, 2012

emma goes normal

James's best friend Emma has started a new "normal" blog, which she credits to me, even though I'm pretty sure I never would have recommended anything TOO normal.. :-)  She had another blog, but I think she decided to outgrow it or keep it for those less cerebral moments.  You see, she is a Journalism major over at the University at Minnesota -- or might she major in Cultural Studies or German Studies??  She is 19, which probably means she thinks she can do it all.

Here is her blogsite -- the normal one:  http://tinygrayson.blogspot.com.  Give her some encouragement!

Ah, 19.  When I was that age, if I would have flunked my Army physical, my plan was either to move to New York City and write or major in Journalism at the University of Missouri at Columbia, but my healthy body let me down, so here I sit writing a questionably normal blog.

A quote from Gore Vidal, one of my favorite writers, recently deceased:  "Write something, even if it's only a suicide note."

On the lighter side, here is a joke from my friend Elke, who could teach German Studies if she wanted to:

Q: What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic, and a dyslexic?

A: Someone who stays up all night wondering if there is a Dog.

No comments: