Thursday, June 16, 2011

in between naps

OK.  Jerry brought me my laptop, and I'll see if my typing skills can overcome an IV in my left hand and multiple other devices that I'm plugged into.

Life in the hospital:  Lots of sleeping and worrying and nice nurses and watching the clock.  Yesterday's surgical procedures, for which I was, thankfully, knocked out, went okay, or so they tell me.  No cancer.  Tomorrow is the big surgery, in which they dig around in parts of my body that I'd rather not mention.  Then a couple more days here to recover.

I had some good company today (thanks, Lee!) and received some flowers from friends Diane and Tony.  John, one of the pastors at my church, was just here.

I'm waiting for my dinner.  In this hospital, we order off a menu depending on what we're in the mood for.  I've been eating a little, so maybe my appetite is coming back (I've lost 12 pounds in the past nine or ten days, and that obviously can't continue).

Now Jerry is here, and we're watching Two and a Half Men.  The blog gets overridden.

No comments: