Tuesday, June 28, 2011

life ain't long

As I write this, I'm sitting in a two-day seminar as part of my annual continuing education.  A wide variety of business topics.  This particular one-hour session is mind-numbing in its irrelevance.  I need to stretch my brain and maybe my body in a different direction.

I miss exercising.  I miss the gym.  It's been a week and a half since my surgery, and I'm not supposed to be exercising for six weeks total.  As I gradually turn to flab physically, I get more concerned about my mental state.  When I have a good exercise routine going, my energy level is high and my attitude is positive.  Remind me of that in four and a half weeks -- if i don't shoot myself before this class ends, that is.
*****
It's later now, and I'm in a different session:  a one-hour class called "Life is long: make the right decisions!"  It goes without saying that I know that life is definitely not long, but, let's face it, some hours are interminable.  This one is at least better than that first one.

No comments: