Tuesday, June 21, 2011

the personality of a urologist

First, let me get this out of the way:  Never order hospital pizza.

Today is Day 7 in the hospital, and I have a hard time even looking at the menu anymore.  They say I will probably be released today, if things function as they are supposed to.  This is a very long hospital stay these days when insurance companies are so eager to push patients to the curb.  Oh lucky me.

... and I gotta ask this about urologists:  Do any of them have any bedside manner?  I've dealt with three or four of them over the past several years, and so far I find them all to be coldly efficient and distant.  I have faith in my current doctor, but he sure doesn't hang around very long to give reassurance or answer questions.

I'm sure it must take a certain kind of personality (or lack thereof) to want to enter into this medical specialty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howard, hope you get home soon. By the way, a new company took over our cafeteria at the hospital and the pizza is delicious! Every time I walk by there on my deliveries, it smells like a pizzeria. It's hand made and with dough that rises. Yummy!
Vickie

Howard said...

I say, if you're gonna make pizza, why not make it delicious?!

pegasimediagroup said...

Very impressive article! The blog is highly informative and has answered all my questions. To introduce about our company and the activities, Pegasi Media Group is a database provider that helps you to boost your sales & grow your business through well-build Urologist email list